Here is a novel way to wrap those last minute gifts. Attach a pull cord made of ribbon, so that the paper separates down the middle effortlessly!
Here’s how to do it:
- Tape one end of narrow ribbon to the box, and wrap it around the short side of the box at least 2-3 times.
- Cut the ribbon leaving a 6” long “tail” extending off the end of the box.
- Wrap the package normally, leaving the tail hanging out of the center of the paper.
- On the outside of the package, fold the ribbon tail back, and cut 2 small slits on either side, so that the paper will rip in that direction.
- Be careful not to tape the ribbon on the outside of the box.
When the recipient pulls the ribbon, it will rip the paper neatly as it unravels.
photo: Glasshouse Images